Pinc Cancer Rehabilitation Programmes
One patient One physio, One step at a timeTHO
Are dedicated one on one physiotherapist lead programmes designed to improve the strength, quality of life and sense of wellbeing of those diagnosed with cancer.
The Pinc & Steel programmes have been specifically designed to inspire and encourage both men & women to regain their physical strength, and endurance and incorporate exercise into their lifestyle.
Research shows that exercise therapy is a very important component in recovery from a cancer diagnosis and the effects of its treatment. Both the surgery and chemotherapy cause extreme de-conditioning and fatigue, and exercise helps to correct both of these debilitating problems. More importantly exercise has also been shown to significantly improve longevity in cancer survivors.
The programmes provide a full range of services designed to look after those who are recovering from cancer surgery or cancer treatments. The course is individually designed and delivered incorporating physiotherapy, massage, breathing techniques, fatigue management, pilates and exercise prescription. We believe that this therapeutic combination addresses both the physical and emotional side effects of cancer.
All services are provided by fully trained and experienced physiotherapists with specialist training in cancer rehabilitation. Our team of Physiotherapists provide support, motivation and encouragement, while offering the best care and professional advice.
WHAT THE PROGRAMMES AIM TO DO FOR YOU
- Regain strength, flexibility and confidence in their body,
- Improve core strength and posture,
- Ease pain and muscular tension,
- Minimize weight gain and improve bone density
- Learn new exercises to enhance their recovery after surgery and prevent long term problems
- Increase energy levels during and after cancer treatments
- Achieve their own fitness goals with an individualised, safe training programme
- Gain a sense of control and boost the spirit